- 1 What is the difference between other’s and others?
- 2 Is other’s correct?
- 3 How do we use others?
- 4 Is others singular or plural?
- 5 How do you use each other in a sentence?
- 6 Which is correct their life or their lives?
- 7 Does each other’s have an apostrophe?
- 8 Is people’s or peoples correct?
- 9 What does other’s mean?
- 10 Can I use others?
- 11 Where are others or others?
- 12 How do you use in and properly?
- 13 What kind of word is others?
- 14 What is other in grammar?
What is the difference between other’s and others?
As we’ve already established, “other’s” is the possessive form of “other”. So for the other two, let’s imagine there are some chocolate bunnies on a table. Three people donated them (as part of some bizarre grammar experiment). So for the plural, we might say “I’ll take these bunnies and you take the others”.
Is other’s correct?
However, you should point out to students that each other is treated as a singular pronoun and emphasizes two or more separate people. Each other’s is always correct, and each others‘ is never correct. Think of it this way: You would say We talked to each other for hours.
How do we use others?
Others is a pronoun. Others can be used to take the place of the word other, followed by a plural countable noun. e.g. Those trees are hemlocks; the others are pines. Ten people belong to the group, and five others are planning to join.
Is others singular or plural?
|singular||another key (is)||another (is)|
|plural||other keys (are)||others (are)|
|singular||the other key (is)||the other (is)|
|plural||the other keys (are)||the others (are)|
How do you use each other in a sentence?
Reciprocal pronouns “each other” and “one another”
- We can say: “Mark and Jane love each other.” “each other” is a reciprocal pronoun.
- Mark and Jane gave each other gifts. Mark and Jane gave one another gifts.
- Possessive adjectives with “each other” and “one another”
- Mark and Jane helped each other.
- Example of mistake:
- Examples of mistake:
Which is correct their life or their lives?
Strictly speaking, people have only one life, so one should always say: their life. 2) if you talk about people form different places and/or living a different life or do not live together, then you can use the plural form: their lives. “their” can be singular or plural, so both are correct.
Does each other’s have an apostrophe?
This rules out each others, as the possessive apostrophe must be there. In the case of “each other”, “other” is in the singular because it follows “each”—you wouldn’t say “each teachers” instead of “each teacher”, would you… By adding the possessive ‘s, we get the correct form each other’s.
Is people’s or peoples correct?
Both are correct: “People’s” is used when “People” is taken as a whole, as a singular noun showing a group of people. “Peoples‘” is used when “Peoples” is taken as a plural noun showing various groups of people, not one group, but several groups of people, meaning plural of plural, Peoples.
What does other’s mean?
others(Noun) Those remaining after one or more people or items have left, or done something else, or been excluded.
Can I use others?
Most of the time ‘other‘ is used with uncountable nouns and plural countable nouns. So ‘other‘ can be used with singular countable nouns that it needs another determiner, usually an article or a pronoun.
Where are others or others?
‘Where is the others?’ is incorrect English. others is plural so you would need to use are. Even then, don’t be surprised if you hear an English person say ‘Where is the others?’
How do you use in and properly?
Prepositions: Correct Usage of In and On
- Using “In” “In” is defined as inside an area, moving from a point outside to a point inside.
- Using “On” “On” is used to indicate position, usually indicating that something is on top of something else.
- A Bit About “At” “At” is another tricky preposition.
- What About “Into” Too?
What kind of word is others?
as a pronoun (after ‘the’): He swerved from one side of the road to the other. Have you told the others? (in the plural without ‘the’): Some systems are better than others. The plural form others without ‘the’ is the plural of the pronoun another.
What is other in grammar?
The determiners other and another refer to something different, remaining, or additional. They are placed before a noun. The other is treated separately because its usage is slightly different. Other. Plural countable nouns and all uncountable nouns.