- 1 What are 4 tips to sharing the road safely with a light rail vehicle?
- 2 When passing a stopped streetcar or light rail train you should?
- 3 In which of the following situations may you pass on the right?
- 4 Which of the following responses is appropriate when approaching a steady yellow traffic signal?
- 5 Can you drive through a red light if an ambulance is behind you?
- 6 What should you do if 5 or more cars are following you on a narrow two-lane road?
- 7 Do I have to wait for the pedestrian to completely cross?
- 8 Who has right of way driving up or down a hill?
- 9 What is the first thing you should do during an enforcement stop?
- 10 What is the first thing a driver should do after deciding to turn?
- 11 Can you pass a vehicle on the right?
- 12 Who must yield at roundabouts?
- 13 When a traffic signal shows a steady yellow light the driver should?
- 14 What happens if you run a yellow light and it turns red?
- 15 Can you drive through a yellow light?
What are 4 tips to sharing the road safely with a light rail vehicle?
HOW TO SAFELY SHARE THE ROAD WITH TROLLEYS:
- Be aware of where trolleys operate.
- Never turn in front of an approaching trolley.
- Be aware that buildings, trees, etc. cause blind spots for the trolley operator.
- Maintain a safe distance from the trolley if it shares a street with vehicular traffic.
When passing a stopped streetcar or light rail train you should?
Do not overtake and pass any interurban train or streetcar on the left side, whether it is moving or standing. Exceptions: when you are on a one-way street; when the tracks are so close to the right side that you cannot pass on the right; or when a traffic officer directs you to pass on the left.
In which of the following situations may you pass on the right?
You may pass on he right: When a vehicle ahead is making a left turn. You may pass on he right: When you are driving on a one-way road that is marked for two or more lanes or is wide enough for two or more lanes, and passing is not prohibited by signs, or restricted by parked cars or obstructions.
Which of the following responses is appropriate when approaching a steady yellow traffic signal?
YELLOW—A yellow signal light warns you that the red signal is about to appear. When you see the yellow light, you should stop, if you can do so safely. If you can’t stop, look out for vehicles that may enter the intersection when the light changes.
Can you drive through a red light if an ambulance is behind you?
Never run a red light
If you are waiting at a red light when you hear a siren behind you, you must not go through a red light, as it might put other road users in danger. Move to the left if you are able to. If not, it is the emergency vehicle’s responsibility to find another route through, or wait until safe to do so.
What should you do if 5 or more cars are following you on a narrow two-lane road?
If 5 or more vehicles are following you on a narrow two–lane road: Pull of the road and let them pass.
Do I have to wait for the pedestrian to completely cross?
In California, the law does not state that a driver must wait for the pedestrian to fully exit the crosswalk or the street before they proceed on their way in their lane. A pedestrian must be safely out of the driver’s path of travel for them to begin driving again.
Who has right of way driving up or down a hill?
Always give way to the drivers coming uphill whenever it’s possible. If needs be you should reverse until you reach a location where both vehicles have enough room to pass. It is also recommended by the highway code to slow down on a hill when passing pedestrians, cyclists or horse riders.
What is the first thing you should do during an enforcement stop?
What to do During a Traffic Stop. First and foremost, stay calm, lower your driver side window and stay put while the police officer approaches you. Do not be surprised if the officer approaches on the passenger side of the vehicle. They often do this to avoid being hit by passing traffic.
What is the first thing a driver should do after deciding to turn?
What is the first thing a driver should do after deciding to make a turn? Signal at least 200 feet from turn. The purpose of traffic signs are: To regulate, to warn, and to guide drivers.
Can you pass a vehicle on the right?
Slower vehicles move into the passing lane to the right, permitting other vehicles to pass safely in the left lane. Signs will alert drivers to a passing lane ahead. When approaching the end of the passing lane, drivers in the right lane must merge safely with traffic to the left.
Who must yield at roundabouts?
At the dashed yield line, look to your left and yield to drivers already in the roundabout. Remember, in a multi-lane roundabout, you must yield to both lanes of traffic. Once a gap in traffic appears, merge into the roundabout and proceed to your exit. Look for pedestrians and use your turn signal before you exit.
When a traffic signal shows a steady yellow light the driver should?
Solid Yellow Light
A yellow traffic light is a warning that a red light is soon to follow. You have two options as you approach a yellow light. In most situations, you should slow down and get ready to stop your vehicle before the light turns red.
What happens if you run a yellow light and it turns red?
If the yellow light turns red during the fractions of a second it takes to cross between the stop line and the intersection boundary, a citation can be issued. At a red–light camera intersection, this ticket is automatic. Another consideration is where do you actually have to stop.
Can you drive through a yellow light?
There is no law in California that forbids drivers from being in an intersection during a yellow light. The law is that the driver cannot be in the intersection during a red light.